Advice about hair care during scalp cooling
Chemotherapy can make the hair dry and brittle. Here is some useful advice on hair care for when you are having chemotherapy with scalp cooling:
- Avoid daily shampooing – shampoo less if your hair feels dry.
- Use gentle hair care products which prevent dryness of the hair and scalp.
- Use a conditioner that can be left in the hair. This protects and softens the hair.
- For even more moisturising, try a nourishing oil mask once a month.
- Let the hair dry naturally as often as possible, since a hair-dryer can further damage brittle hair.
- Perming or dyeing the hair is not recommended, since the result may not be as expected and it will also make the hair drier.
For further advice consult your hairdresser.